Before taking Imbruvica, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical
conditions, including if you:
- have had recent surgery or plan to have surgery. Your healthcare provider may stop IMBRUVICA® for any planned medical, surgical, or dental procedure.
- have bleeding problems
- have or had heart rhythm problems, smoke, or have a medical condition that increases your risk of heart diseases, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or diabetes
- have an infection
- have liver problems
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. Imbruvica can harm your unborn baby. If you are able to become pregnant, your healthcare provider will do a pregnancy test before starting treatment with IMBRUVICA®. Tell your healthcare provider if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant during treatment with IMBRUVICA®.
- Females who are able to become pregnant should use effective birth control (contraception) during treatment with IMBRUVICA® and for 1 month after the last dose.
- Males with female partners who are able to become pregnant should use effective birth control, such as condoms, during treatment with IMBRUVICA® and for 1 month after the last dose.
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. Do not breastfeed during treatment with IMBRUVICA® and for 1 week after the last dose.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Taking Imbruvica with certain other medicines may affect how IMBRUVICA® works and can cause side effects.
How should I take IMBRUVICA®?
- Take IMBRUVICA® exactly as your healthcare provider tells you to take it.
- Take IMBRUVICA® 1 time a day.
- Swallow IMBRUVICA® capsules or tablets whole with a glass of water.
- Do not open, break or chew IMBRUVICA® capsules.
- Do not cut, crush or chew IMBRUVICA® tablets.
- Take IMBRUVICA® at about the same time each day.
- If you miss a dose of IMBRUVICA® take it as soon as you remember on the same day. Take your next dose of IMBRUVICA® at your regular time on the next day. Do not take extra doses of IMBRUVICA® to make up for a missed dose.